For years now, we have all been told ‘content is king’, and whilst this is still the case, it’s also about the delivery of your content. In our previous blog post, ’13 Key Marketing Trends for 2017’, we discussed how 2017 is going to be the year of video. According to a prediction by HubSpot, by the end of 2017 video content will represent 74% of all online traffic. That equates to a crazy amount of video views! We would be insane not to jump on the bandwagon and start creating great video content…
Historically marketers have steered clear of creating videos unless they have a chunky budget to pay a video production company. The good news is videos are now simple and free to create thanks to the rise of smartphones and tablets. You also don’t need to worry about ideas – you can create a video about virtually anything (as long as it’s relevant to your customers!)
Here’s a few suggestions to get you started:
- ‘How-To’ Videos – If you teach customers about products or services, how-to videos can be a great way to save you time, advertise your services and make your customers feel they are receiving something of value.
- Testimonials – Your existing customers obviously think you’re great, so why not ask them (nicely!) to record a testimonial for you?
- FAQs – EVERY business has FAQs. You can answer them in a video which also guarantees the content is relevant to your customer base – you are answering THEIR questions!
- Introducing Yourself – having a ‘face’ of your business adds a little bit of personalisation – people buy from people after all…
- Product Descriptions/ Reviews – Did you know that four times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product rather than read about it?
- Promotional – Are you launching a new promotion or competition? Outline the details in a snort and snappy video.
- Vlogging – if you already write a blog, turn each post into a vlog – this ensures you appeal to all types of learners! If you do this, make sure you also look into video SEO!
When you have created your video, don’t forget the 5 R’s:
In other words, use your video across all of your channels, but also use your other platforms as inspiration for your video. When repurposing your content, just bear in mind your three types of learner: visual (they read and watch), auditory (like to listen) and kinaesthetic (happiest with ‘doing’ or physical learning). Getting the right mix of content marketing tactics is crucial for engaging them all.
What’s the winning formula?
You can try new formats and different types of video, but above all else your videos need to reflect all of your other content marketing tactics – they need to resonate with your audience, build trust in you and your services and have your customers coming back to you time and time again. Inspire your customers to share your content by touching their pain points and providing an effective solution. Just don’t forget to add a call to action – you want them to act on what they have seen in your video!
Still not sure? Here are just some of the most recent stats about video marketing…
- 90% of users say product videos are helpful in the purchasing-decision process
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a supplier after viewing a video
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text
Or simply get in touch if you need help with scripts, filming or making them look awesome!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
Why it’s important to understand the nuances of what works and what doesn’t! Two ‘polls’ caught our eye here in the Juicy office this week… both an opportunity for people to express their opinion of the tactics deployed and both resulting in an overwhelming NO vote…read more
Almost half of Brits and Americans have reduced the time they spend on social media Online fraud; lack of data security; alarming reports of distressing incidents; warnings about excessive usage; plus simply the maturing of the genre… factors which all seem to be...read more
CHRISTMAS TREATS ARE HERE WHO WANTS SOME GINGERBREAD? We are less than 2 weeks away from Christmas and THAT means we're surely allowed to start on the festive treats (although we *might* have started a week ago, whoops!). Of course, here at Juicy we're all about the...read more