For years now, we have all been told ‘content is king’, and whilst this is still the case, it’s also about the delivery of your content. Video is one of the most effective ways of reaching your audience, and by 2021, it will make up over 80% of all web traffic (Cisco). That equates to a crazy amount of video views! We would be insane not to jump on the bandwagon and start creating great video content…
Historically marketers have steered clear of creating videos unless they have a chunky budget to pay a video production company. The good news is videos are now simple and free to create thanks to the rise of smartphones and tablets. You also don’t need to worry about ideas – you can create a video about virtually anything (as long as it’s relevant to your customers!)
Here’s a few suggestions to get you started:
- ‘How-To’ Videos – If you teach customers about products or services, how-to videos can be a great way to save you time, advertise your services and make your customers feel they are receiving something of value.
- Testimonials – Your existing customers obviously think you’re great, so why not ask them (nicely!) to record a testimonial for you?
- FAQs – EVERY business has FAQs. You can answer them in a video which also guarantees the content is relevant to your customer base – you are answering THEIR questions!
- Introducing Yourself – having a ‘face’ of your business adds a little bit of personalisation – people buy from people after all…
- Product Descriptions/ Reviews – Did you know that four times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product rather than read about it?
- Promotional – Are you launching a new promotion or competition? Outline the details in a snort and snappy video.
- Vlogging – if you already write a blog, turn each post into a vlog – this ensures you appeal to all types of learners! If you do this, make sure you also look into video SEO!
When you have created your video, don’t forget the 5 R’s:
In other words, use your video across all of your channels, but also use your other platforms as inspiration for your video. When repurposing your content, just bear in mind your three types of learner: visual (they read and watch), auditory (like to listen) and kinaesthetic (happiest with ‘doing’ or physical learning). Getting the right mix of content marketing tactics is crucial for engaging them all.
What’s the winning formula?
You can try new formats and different types of video, but above all else your videos need to reflect all of your other content marketing tactics – they need to resonate with your audience, build trust in you and your services and have your customers coming back to you time and time again. Inspire your customers to share your content by touching their pain points and providing an effective solution. Just don’t forget to add a call to action – you want them to act on what they have seen in your video!
Still not sure? Here are just some of the most recent stats about video marketing…
- 90% of users say product videos are helpful in the purchasing-decision process
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a supplier after viewing a video
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text
- 75% of millennials watch video content daily
- 87% of consumers want to see more video content from brands
Or simply get in touch if you need help with scripts, filming or making them look awesome!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
This year has seen social media take on many new trends, with platforms releasing new features and making regular changes to their algorithms (in normal people speak - their code!). The uncertainty of the past year has left people wanting users and brands to be more...
Out with the old and in with the new!After 2020 brought us a year of uncertainty and challenges, the annual flip to January has really emphasised the importance of looking forward. Times are strange, businesses are sadly failing, and without active marketing, your...
With 1 billion active users, it is clear that almost everyone seems to love Instagram. Whether it’s brunch, business, or the beach, we’re all wondering ‘is it Instagrammable’. Whilst the image-sharing app may have started as a holiday picture sharing platform, it’s...