Today is Positive Thinking Day! Here at Juicy we’re all about positivity, but have you ever considered the power of positive thinking in your marketing?
An old and tried trick is to use fear and negativity to sell, but who needs more of that in the world?
Instead we’re going to share with you just how important positivity is and why you should be using it!
People Gravitate Towards Positivity
Let’s face it, if you are faced with the choice between a positive option and a negative option which would you rather choose? Of course, it’s going to be the positive – but why?
- As humans we want to be happy and if a brand is promoting positivity and happiness we are more likely to go back to them.
- It creates a connection. Think about your favourite Christmas adverts, we’re looking at you John Lewis, what do all of the most memorable ones have in common? They all have a positive, heart-warming and feel-good message.
Positivity Stands Out
How many times have you seen a brand highlighting the negatives of a situation before putting themselves forward as a solution? Leading with the positives will stand out.
- Take GDPR for example, it was far more effective to see GDPR as an opportunity to stay in touch with engaged and interested customers and clients!
- Ikea recently embraced the fact that more of us are renting and put a positive spin on it as a chance to reinvent your space.
See, doesn’t that make it sound much better and something you want to engage with? Showing the ways that things could go right rather than wrong will be more memorable.
A Positive Marketing Campaign Makes People Connect With Your Brand Emotionally
If something makes you feel good, you’re more likely to interact with it – the numbers speak for themselves.
- A study undertaken by Temkin Group showed that people are 7.1times more likely to buy something if they are emotionally connected to a brand.
- The same study stated that an emotional connection would make it 7.8 times more likely to try new products and services.
Well that’s reason enough to be positive!
Need a little bit of help adding the spark to your marketing? Book your free 1-1 Kickstarter session with us today. Together we’ll explore your marketing challenges and share loads of ideas to help kick-start your marketing. Click here.
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
It’s hard to know what’s going to be effective when it comes to your marketing… inbound, outbound, digital, content, channel, social… just how do you identify the right mix to work for you? The tendency is for businesses – large and small – to overcomplicate things;...read more
How to get more emails opened “Why rejection is good for you” was the subject line of a recent email from a huge and very well-known worldwide organisation (yes: really!) It had us clicking delete before we’d even opened it, but it did get us thinking… what subject...read more
Your Juicy Guide to Good Blogging Let’s start where I finished last time, with the most frequent question we get asked about blogging: “Do I really need to blog?” It’s a feeling which unites business people across the board, from start-up entrepreneurs to larger...read more