Today is Positive Thinking Day! Here at Juicy we’re all about positivity, but have you ever considered the power of positive thinking in your marketing?
An old and tried trick is to use fear and negativity to sell, but who needs more of that in the world?
Instead we’re going to share with you just how important positivity is and why you should be using it!
People Gravitate Towards Positivity
Let’s face it, if you are faced with the choice between a positive option and a negative option which would you rather choose? Of course, it’s going to be the positive – but why?
- As humans we want to be happy and if a brand is promoting positivity and happiness we are more likely to go back to them.
- It creates a connection. Think about your favourite Christmas adverts, we’re looking at you John Lewis, what do all of the most memorable ones have in common? They all have a positive, heart-warming and feel-good message.
Positivity Stands Out
How many times have you seen a brand highlighting the negatives of a situation before putting themselves forward as a solution? Leading with the positives will stand out.
- Take GDPR for example, it was far more effective to see GDPR as an opportunity to stay in touch with engaged and interested customers and clients!
- Ikea recently embraced the fact that more of us are renting and put a positive spin on it as a chance to reinvent your space.
See, doesn’t that make it sound much better and something you want to engage with? Showing the ways that things could go right rather than wrong will be more memorable.
A Positive Marketing Campaign Makes People Connect With Your Brand Emotionally
If something makes you feel good, you’re more likely to interact with it – the numbers speak for themselves.
- A study undertaken by Temkin Group showed that people are 7.1times more likely to buy something if they are emotionally connected to a brand.
- The same study stated that an emotional connection would make it 7.8 times more likely to try new products and services.
Well that’s reason enough to be positive!
Need a little bit of help adding the spark to your marketing? Book your free 1-1 Kickstarter session with us today. Together we’ll explore your marketing challenges and share loads of ideas to help kick-start your marketing. Click here.
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
Why it’s important to understand the nuances of what works and what doesn’t! Two ‘polls’ caught our eye here in the Juicy office this week… both an opportunity for people to express their opinion of the tactics deployed and both resulting in an overwhelming NO vote…read more
Almost half of Brits and Americans have reduced the time they spend on social media Online fraud; lack of data security; alarming reports of distressing incidents; warnings about excessive usage; plus simply the maturing of the genre… factors which all seem to be...read more
SANTA HAS FULLY EMBRACED 2018 ARE YOU KEEPING UP? Long gone are the nights sat listening, watching and wondering where Santa is on Christmas Eve. He now has his very own website to keep track of where he is! His snazzy website is great fun for kids and big-kids alike...read more