I don’t know about you, but I sincerely wish someone would wave a magic wand and solve the current madness; not very likely I know… not even at Christmas… so it’s time to stop wishing the ‘nightmare’ would go away and start planning to do something about it!
In any tough situation, there are a surprising number of businesses which survive and (dare I say it) even thrive. Invariably they’re the ones with a plan; but not any old plan! It’s a harsh fact, but your usual marketing strategy and planning regime may not be best suited to the indecision (even turmoil) we’re facing right now.
What you need is…
A cunning plan! An up-to-date, customer-grabbing, competitor bashing (nicely of course!) marketing strategy / plan… and you need it FAST!
This calls for shorter-term strategies backed up by dynamic action plans which help you identify opportunities quickly, attack them proactively and react effectively to market changes.
1. Focus on your strengths and how you can make the most of them: what are your best products / services? Where do you have the most experience? What makes you the most money?
2. Identify what your customers and prospects need right now, and be the ones to deliver for them. Put yourselves in their shoes: what can you do to help them? If you’re not sure, simply ask!
3. Match your benefits to their needs: why should they choose you? Quite frankly, they’re not interested in what you do, but in you can do for them; it’s time to be crystal clear about the benefits you offer.
4. Be bold, “shout out loud”: now, more than ever, you need convincing, compelling, customer-focussed messages. Talk their language and remember: think them, them, them; not you, you, you.
5. Maintain your presence: keep in touch regularly, because you need to be in their mind when they’re ready to buy; when it comes to marketing, out of sight really does mean out of mind!
It’s all about…
…getting your ‘reindeer in a row’ (had to shoehorn that in somewhere!) But if you get a little ‘stuck’, our experts have survived, thrived and strategised their way through more tough times than we care to count.
And here’s our special Christmas gift for you…
Until next time:
What does Father Christmas call his three-legged reindeer?
Juicy Reindeer Fact
Did you know… if you or your family are from Canada, then you could be related to a reindeer?
This Christmas, instead of presents and cards, we are supporting Refuge in the hope mothers and their children might have a better Christmas. If you would like to join us in supporting this wonderful charity, please do so by donating using the link below! Thank you!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
How to get more emails opened “Why rejection is good for you” was the subject line of a recent email from a huge and very well-known worldwide organisation (yes: really!) It had us clicking delete before we’d even opened it, but it did get us thinking… what subject...read more
Your Juicy Guide to Good Blogging Let’s start where I finished last time, with the most frequent question we get asked about blogging: “Do I really need to blog?” It’s a feeling which unites business people across the board, from start-up entrepreneurs to larger...read more
Because You Need To Feed Your Site To Make It Work!So… you’ve got a website? You probably spent a great deal of thought, time, effort and budget on making sure it looks good and says exactly the right things to entice your visitors to buy. It should include all the...read more