I don’t know about you, but I sincerely wish someone would wave a magic wand and solve the current madness; not very likely I know… not even at Christmas… so it’s time to stop wishing the ‘nightmare’ would go away and start planning to do something about it!
In any tough situation, there are a surprising number of businesses which survive and (dare I say it) even thrive. Invariably they’re the ones with a plan; but not any old plan! It’s a harsh fact, but your usual marketing strategy and planning regime may not be best suited to the indecision (even turmoil) we’re facing right now.
What you need is…
A cunning plan! An up-to-date, customer-grabbing, competitor bashing (nicely of course!) marketing strategy / plan… and you need it FAST!
This calls for shorter-term strategies backed up by dynamic action plans which help you identify opportunities quickly, attack them proactively and react effectively to market changes.
1. Focus on your strengths and how you can make the most of them: what are your best products / services? Where do you have the most experience? What makes you the most money?
2. Identify what your customers and prospects need right now, and be the ones to deliver for them. Put yourselves in their shoes: what can you do to help them? If you’re not sure, simply ask!
3. Match your benefits to their needs: why should they choose you? Quite frankly, they’re not interested in what you do, but in you can do for them; it’s time to be crystal clear about the benefits you offer.
4. Be bold, “shout out loud”: now, more than ever, you need convincing, compelling, customer-focussed messages. Talk their language and remember: think them, them, them; not you, you, you.
5. Maintain your presence: keep in touch regularly, because you need to be in their mind when they’re ready to buy; when it comes to marketing, out of sight really does mean out of mind!
It’s all about…
…getting your ‘reindeer in a row’ (had to shoehorn that in somewhere!) But if you get a little ‘stuck’, our experts have survived, thrived and strategised their way through more tough times than we care to count.
And here’s our special Christmas gift for you…
Until next time:
What does Father Christmas call his three-legged reindeer?
Juicy Reindeer Fact
Did you know… if you or your family are from Canada, then you could be related to a reindeer?
This Christmas, instead of presents and cards, we are supporting Refuge in the hope mothers and their children might have a better Christmas. If you would like to join us in supporting this wonderful charity, please do so by donating using the link below! Thank you!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
Why it’s important to understand the nuances of what works and what doesn’t! Two ‘polls’ caught our eye here in the Juicy office this week… both an opportunity for people to express their opinion of the tactics deployed and both resulting in an overwhelming NO vote…read more
SANTA HAS FULLY EMBRACED 2018 ARE YOU KEEPING UP? Long gone are the nights sat listening, watching and wondering where Santa is on Christmas Eve. He now has his very own website to keep track of where he is! His snazzy website is great fun for kids and big-kids alike...read more
ICELAND SNAGS THE TOP SPOT BUT WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT? December is finally here! There is no denying that Christmas is well and truly on the way and along with that come Christmas adverts, however, there’s one that keeps coming back. While John Lewis has...read more