65% of Internet users are now searching on mobile devices – which is just one good reason why your site needs to be responsive!
What does your website really look like on a smart phone or tablet? Is it easy to navigate? Can customers easily find or click on your call to action links without needing a magnifying glass?
Most new websites built today are responsive – meaning that they automatically detect and resize the content and images to suit the device it’s being viewed on – whether that’s desktop, tablet or mobile. Non-responsive sites simply don’t work well on mobile devices – resulting in awkward pinching, scrolling and ultimately real frustration for the user!
I’m sure you, like me, have been to one of those sites, right? You can’t see all the text, the image is cut in half and you give up and move on!
Is your website still one of them too?
With only 6 seconds to impress visitors when they land, you may not get a second chance to get their attention and make that ‘first’ impression!
So, if you’ve not taken the plunge yet, here are 5 reasons why you need to consider upgrading your website to a responsive one!
- Smart phones aren’t going away! Between December 2013 and December 2015, smartphone Internet consumption grew by 78% (Source: comScore).
- It can benefit your SEO – as of April 2015 Google began rewarding sites that were built responsively, meaning better search rankings.
- It reduces your bounce rate – 40% of mobile users will choose another site if the first one they land on is not mobile friendly.
- It’s future proofed – a responsive site will work on next months and next year’s devices without having to be rebuilt or adapted.
- It downloads faster – your site should load onto a mobile device in just two seconds. This is much more easily achieved with a responsive design.
So are you concerned about the cost implications of a site rebuild?
Remember, in the long-run, a responsive site will be a necessity rather than a nice-to-have. Changes you make today will benefit your business growth in the longer term by giving a better mobile user experience and higher engagement (more clicks and longer spent on site = more chances to convert the visitor).
It’s about making the right decision for your business and, more importantly, your potential customers!
Your web analytics will be able to show you how many of your site visitors are on mobiles or tablets. So, it’s worth checking how this has changed over the past year or so too.
If you have an e-commerce site – it’s also worth remembering that a non-responsive site is likely to have a detrimental effect on your conversions.
Can you afford NOT to change to a responsive site?
You can click below to find some examples of responsive sites we’ve created recently for our lovely clients…
- The Kitchen (Rebrand and launch of a pub to a restaurant)
- Superwellness (Corporate Wellness & Nutrition)
- Seven Hills Hideaway (Glamping)
- Eseye (M2M & IoT)
- Safety Science (Multi lingual, Printers)
If you like what you see and you’d like our fab team of designers and developers to build you a cool responsive site that WORKS, get in touch: 01256 335622 or email me email@example.com
Remember… as your customer satisfaction should always be uppermost in your mind, it needs to extend to your website too!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
SANTA HAS FULLY EMBRACED 2018 ARE YOU KEEPING UP? Long gone are the nights sat listening, watching and wondering where Santa is on Christmas Eve. He now has his very own website to keep track of where he is! His snazzy website is great fun for kids and big-kids alike...read more
A very Happy Halloween from all of us here at Juicy! Whether you’re going all out and have your own Haunted House or you’re enjoying some of the sweets you were meant to be saving for the Trick or Treaters (guilty!), we thought we’d give you some treats too!…read more
In the last 3 years, Basingstoke has taken huge strides towards creating a technology hub in Basing View. SETsquared (a UK-wide startup incubator) is now established in Basingstoke with 30 start-ups within the fantastic Desk Lodge co-working…read more