Well, it’s really been a scorcher this week! It’s got us all here at Juicy HQ thinking about our summer holidays. We all need a break every now and then, but with modern technology, how many of us find ourselves working on holiday?
The truth is, you don’t need to stop talking to new prospects whilst you’re away… and you can do it without turning into one of those people who constantly commune with their smartphone or tap away at their laptop. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can get your website to do the work whilst you sit back with a cocktail in hand, and relax!
But how on earth can you talk to your clients whilst sunbathing?! A constant contact marketing campaign, starting with autoresponders, will keep your business in their minds wherever you may be.
When new prospects visit your website you need to capture their attention with a good call to action. And once they’ve engaged with the site, respond in a timely manner. You don’t want them thinking you’ve gone out of business!
So, if you have a website, you need to get yourself an autoresponder campaign set up. It’ll help to take some of the load off when you’re there as well as when you’re not.
Our techy experts have set up so many of these for clients over the last 10 years, they know all of the do’s and don’t that make for successful autoresponders. Here’s a few of our top tips:
1) Plan it thoroughly so your message develops over a number of successive emails – 6 are ideal, 4 will work – in a logical and sensible manner.
2) Start with a welcome, but make it more than that – appeal to their needs, showcase your benefits and show them how you can help with their pain points.
3) Don’t go for the hard sell, it doesn’t work anymore. Be subtle and show them you understand. Highlight your expertise, empathise with their challenges and offer a solution.
4) Set a schedule so you keep in touch regularly – once a week is ideal. Tell them what you want them to do, how to
5) Always include a call to action. Tell them what you want them to do, how to do it and make it easy for them. If you have a compelling offer, include it!
6) Prepare and set-up response mechanisms to make sure that when they answer the CTAs, your company doesn’t miss an opportunity, especially if you’re away.
7) Don’t stop after the initial autoresponders, make sure these prospects move into your standard marketing contact ‘machine’. And remember, autoresponders don’t just have to be a summer thing!
If you’re still not sure what to do or how to integrate this into your website and your ongoing marketing activities, then our experts will be only too happy to help you.
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
Every business owner goes to sleep at night dreaming of more website visitors. It’s the perfect gateway to raising brand awareness and bringing in sales. A steadfast way to increase your website’s visibility online lies with three important letters: SEO. Short for...
Your website is your online ‘shop-window’ – it always was, but now it matters like never before – so you need to make sure it’s ‘sparkly clean’ and lets visitors get a clear view of what your company can do for them. Just like a traditional window display, it needs...
There’s no denying your website is under scrutiny by your current customers, and potential new customers too… particularly now, when everyone is spending more time online and a huge amount of business is being done virtually. And it will continue. Using the web to...