Post-pandemic marketing… it’s not ALL online!
Following last week’s blog about post-pandemic online marketing, this time we’re looking at the ‘offline’ tactics which are right for today’s business environment, but will also deliver longer term benefits too.
With the help of the recent pandemic, Online marketing has taken over as the most popular way for brands to reach their target audience. Sure it’s convenient and it’s popular…..but does it stand out from the crowd?! Too much digital noise, social media fatigue and over-crowded inboxes are on the increase; making it far too easy to hit the delete button leaving your carefully curated digital marketing campaign sat inside someone’s trash can.
#2: Offline … because tradition is trending!
With the help of the recent pandemic, online marketing has taken over as the most popular way for brands to reach their target audience. Sure it’s convenient and it’s popular… but does it help you stand out from the crowd?! Too much digital noise, social media fatigue and over-crowded inboxes are on the increase, making it far too easy to hit the delete button, leaving your carefully curated digital marketing campaign sat in the trash can.
Offline marketing has been evolving for over a hundred years, and the truth is that the right ‘old’ traditional marketing methods are here to stay, because they work… simple as that! Having an offline presence puts your brand on their desks, in their hands and in their heads – skirting around that dreaded delete button!
These are just 5 of the basics, from 28 offline tactics in our updated Juicy Lead Generator, alongside loads more insights about other aspects of marketing too, all relevant for post-pandemic lead generation.
1. Include direct mail in your mix…even the very best emails only have around a 30% opening rate, the average is just 18%. So why not use direct mail to help you get at the other 70% – 80%? Send them flyers, postcards, sale letters, brochures, special offers, samples – and make it memorable. (See Tip 85 in the Juicy Lead Generator).
2. Get personal…build in more WOW with handwritten envelopes which also generate better response rates. So do it wherever possible (but obviously not if you’re sending out 10,000)! (See Tip 90 in the Juicy Lead Generator).
3. Use PR…regular news pieces are great for raising your profile; more in-depth feature articles help showcase your knowledge and experience, positioning you as a ‘go-to’ expert in your field. (See Tips 92-98 in the Juicy Lead Generator).
4. Dare to look different! If you’re spending your hard-won budget – and accounting for the results too – surely you want people to notice? Standing out from the crowd generates leads… fact! As well as design, the shape, size, weight, finish and feel of your literature all have an impact. (See Tip 103 in the Juicy Lead Generator).
5. Network, network, network! Be brave; join networking groups and industry forums, and remember, you already have a network – stop and think about every contact your business has and polish that elevator pitch in advance too! (See Tip 105 in the Juicy Lead Generator).
Get your Juicy Lead Generator today
The right offline marketing can play a vital role in generating more leads, and it’s a great way to make the most of what you already have! Let your offline marketing stand out from the crowd, place it in the palms of your customers and always keep it personal; after all, people buy from people.
Food for thought: About 42% of people read or scan their direct mail[i]… not bad compared to that average 18% email opening rate!
Here’s a thought… how do you ‘package’ your products or services? Do you make the most of the marketing opportunities on your physical packaging? Does it make your products feel more exclusive and high-end? Or more down-to-earth and natural? What would suit and engage your target audience? And have you grouped products or services into ‘packaged’ offerings, even given them their own identity? In today’s world, customer experience is key, first impressions count – and that’s offline as well as on!
Look out for #3 next week … ‘all the time’ strategies and tactics to weave through your marketing.
And as always, if you’d like some help or advice with anything ‘marketing’, please don’t hesitate to call or message us, we’d genuinely love to help you
If you would like to add a little bit of love to your marketing, get in touch with the Juicy team today!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
In a crowded in-box, knowing the ‘tricks of the trade’ can make a real difference when it comes to getting your emails opened, read, and acted upon. Subjects, headlines, story-telling, design elements, graphics and more… they all entice recipients to engage and...
The above is an accurate representation of us on a daily basis! Our inboxes are rammed and we feel like we have nowhere to hide (yes, we get the irony that you are reading…