CHRISTMAS TREATS ARE HERE
WHO WANTS SOME GINGERBREAD?
We are less than 2 weeks away from Christmas and THAT means we’re surely allowed to start on the festive treats (although we *might* have started a week ago, whoops!). Of course, here at Juicy we’re all about the fun, fun, fun!
And what’s more fun than making Ginger Bread? So, this week we’re sharing with you a recipe to make 30 Gingerbread Men – whether you choose to share them or eat them all to yourself is up to you. We won’t tell anyone 😉.
What You’ll Need
225g plain flour (and a little extra for dusting)
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 heaped tsp of ground ginger
50g unsalted butter
100g soft brown sugar
100g golden syrup
mmmm, we’re hungry already!
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Next up, sieve the flour, salt, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon into a large bowl.
3. Heat up the butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved and then let it cool.
4. Mix the ingredients together to form a dough and put into the fridge for 30 minutes – resist eating raw dough.
Now, The Fun Part
5. Lightly dust the surface with flour and then roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
6. Using whatever cutters you like – Gingerbread Men, Stars, Presents or even Unicorns whatever screams Christmas to you, start cutting out shapes from your dough.
7. Re-roll and use any leftover dough to make more shapes.
8. Pop your shapes on to a baking tray (make sure you leave space for them to expand or you might end up with a Gingerbread tray).
9. Put them into the oven for 10-15 minutes until they look and smell gorgeous!
10. Once cooled, eat or decorate with ready made icing or if you’re feeling fancy you can make your own – but first make sure to send us your snaps!
And there you have it! A scrummy recipe and some Christmas fun too!
Don’t forget Juicy will be closing on the 21st December for our own Christmas break,
but we’ll be back on the 2nd January full of beans!
CHECK OUT OUR RELATED POSTS
Your Juicy Guide to Good Blogging Let’s start where I finished last time, with the most frequent question we get asked about blogging: “Do I really need to blog?” It’s a feeling which unites business people across the board, from start-up entrepreneurs to larger...read more
Because You Need To Feed Your Site To Make It Work!So… you’ve got a website? You probably spent a great deal of thought, time, effort and budget on making sure it looks good and says exactly the right things to entice your visitors to buy. It should include all the...read more
Why it’s important to understand the nuances of what works and what doesn’t! Two ‘polls’ caught our eye here in the Juicy office this week… both an opportunity for people to express their opinion of the tactics deployed and both resulting in an overwhelming NO vote…read more